How to upgrade to version 2.1.
How to update from 2.0 to 2.1 with theme packs with 2.0 versionon Saturday 17 August 2019
There are 2 main changes in version 2.1:
- database changes (removed not needed fields and moved important fields from options to separate fields)
- the solution to work with both theme versions (HTML and PHP layouts).
Normally update would be managed by the plugin itself, but themes should be updated too then. It's not possible if you already customized them. So now version 2.1 can manage old themes too.
- backup your layouts. The best way is exporting them as XML file. You can do this 2 ways. In Database/Tools, Export data option and select table jmlayout. Or directly in plugin by checking all layouts and use batch option Export records.
- upload the new version. It's recommended to delete folder content and upload the new one.
Move options files to the new folder
You need to copy options files from layout folder to new folder jmtheme. It's because new e107 version use layouts folder as standard (default) folder for layouts, it's not good idea to mess it with layout option files.
Go to the admin area:
you should get a notice about the needed update. It should be run twice times. The first time database change is done, the second time values are moved.
Go to plugin admin area:
You should see the new fields there.
Your site should work without any problems.
With old themes, you can change header and footer in 2 places. Changing in layout option is deprecated.
1. neverending update (it wasn't able to update tables)
Go to Database / Tools, option SQL Verification, check jmtheme plugin and run verify.
- check result and manually fix visible errors
- this should correct result:
2. if you see setting option column empty,
you forgot to move options files to new folder
3. if you don't see new field columns there
just click on Options and select them manually. Don't forget to press Save button. This happens if you already played with columns layout.
4. your header or footer is missing on Frontend.
This shouldn't happen. The only case could be if you used your own settings with the wrong file names.
Just resave layout - edit, select header and footer and save.
With old themes values from Layouts is used in theme layout, but there should the same value as in configuration.
If any other problem, contact us.