Fix for missing menus and plugins in admin area / Tip and tricks / Forums

• This should be fixed in latest versions.

No idea when this happens. I thought it was caused with some update, but I have the site with 2.2.0 and I had to fix it. Weird thing is that this site was updated 9th May, I added last content 10th May without any problems. No changes, no updating after it and yesterday my plugins were uninstalled. So if this would be caused manual update, it would happen sooner.

An easy fix is to install plugins again but then you will be lost your preferences and they will return to default. Of course, if you remember what you have installed.

Don't go to Menu manager because you lost your menus too then.

The correct fix is:
    - go to PhpMyAdmin
    - find core preferences plug_installed and copy it somewhere to have a list of installed plugins
    Note: you can get this list from admin area too Tools/Database/plug_installed

- then find table prefix_plugins and change installed flag from 0 to 1. Some plugins could be installed (news), some not (pm, featurebox etc). One by one.

This way is everything back.

By the way. It happened on this site too some weeks ago. At that time I installed plugins again. Not sure if I set all prefs back as they were before. Only some days ago I found that I forgot to install PM plugin.

Moderator(s): Jimako
Search just forum
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in from the Login box or from here.

• Jimako
    Jimako  5 days ago

LandingZero2 1.0.1 released

• Jimako
    Jimako  1 week ago

@rumpel79 Your mail server returned the email as unable to delivery. I will try to send you PM.

• Jimako
    Jimako  2 months ago

testing new magic shortcodes, so any weird breadcrumbs are an intention

• Jimako
    Jimako  3 months ago

Just playing with google custom search. It's searching this site, e107.org and github with e107 in repository name.

• Jimako
    Jimako  4 months ago

If you use any my theme: with version 2.2.0 there are core changes - comments and social icons - if you find problem, just tell me.